The Chromira 5x ProLab is a fully integrated, professional 30" digital printer/processor lab system that automatically nests, sorts, back-prints, cuts, and collates package orders of small prints, larger prints, and murals with perfectly color-matched, flawless results.
This significantly reduces turnaround times, labor, energy, and operational requirements.
ProLab prints stunning digital images from 3’x5’ to 30”x100’ from one roll of 30’ media ensuring perfect color matching, simple operation, reduced inventory keeping, and low waste.
The ProLab uses state-of-the-art, award-winning, and patented LED technology to create beautiful, high quality prints. It images on any RA-4 media and surface, including backlit display films.
Chromira ProLab provides labs a competitive advantage in and across market segments, including portrait, wedding, commercial, custom, fine art, event, schools, and consumer. It produces innovative products for customers with very different requirements, preferences, and expectations… and will still be a perfect match for every one.
- Spectacular digital images.
- High print production including mixed orders.
- Optimized for throughput.
- Produces images from 2-up wallets to 30”x164’ from one roll of 30’ media.
- Cuts prints from 3.5”x5” to 30”x164’ from one roll of 30’ media.
- Simultaneous order input, printing, and management
- Perfectly matched and managed orders across multiple sizes.
- Small footprint.
- Simple operation.
- Daylight loading with no cassettes, eliminating the need for a darkroom.
- Easy integration with all popular workflows.
- Proven labor, equipment, operational, and energy costs.
- Reduced material inventory keeping.
- Affordable pricing and maintenance costs.
- Automated nesting, cutting, sorting, back-printing, and collation of print orders.
- Reduced turnaround and delivery time.
- Sophisticated built-in Self-Diagnostics system.
- Material Size: Daylight loading 30" & 20" wide rolls.
- Loading or unloading time: Less than 2 minutes.
- Materials: Any RA-4 media and surface, including backlit display films.
- Print Sizes: 3.5 x 5" (9x12 cm) up to 30 inches x 164 feet (.76 x50 m), full bleed or with borders. Image files scaled on-the-fly to any desired print size.
- File types: TIFF (Mac or Windows), Windows BMP, or JPEG. Open interface from RIP.
- Physical: 65" L x 60" W x 66" H, 28 sq. ft.
(1.65m L x 1.52m W x 1.68m H, 2.5 sq. m.)
- Access required on all 4 sides.
- Daylight loading. (No cassettes required)
- Connections: 100 Base-T network, Air, Water, Power: 208V, 6.8kW/32A.
- Integrated RA4 photographic processor.
- Print Finishing: Automated XY finish print cutting, order sorting, back printing.
- Print Head: Proprietary LED Imaging Technology (Patented). Utilizes ZBE’s powerful Chromira5x Hybrid LED imaging engine.
- Print Speed: 24. per minute. Equals: 1440 – 4x6", 480 – 8x10", 240 – 11.x 14", 69 – 20x30", 35 – 30"x40".
- Image Resolution: 300 PPI; 425 PPI visual resolution with ZBE's patented LED Resolution Enhancement Technology.
- Color Depth: 36 bit.
- Platform: Windows XP (embedded in printer).
- Open System: Compatible with all commercial RIP packages. Dedicated RIP is NOT required. Compatible with any off-the-shelf color management software.
Optimized for Throughput:
- Each workstation on the network has full control of “front end” printer functions.
- Print files may be printed from any location on the network with no Operator required for printing.
- Printing begins immediately and proceeds as the file is received over the network.
- The user interface for submitting jobs and controlling printing parameters is refined for high throughput and particular ease of use. Each workstation submitting jobs to the printer can control all printing parameters as well as monitor the queue of work being printed. (e.g. print size, image rotation, print job priority, borders, text notes on prints, color balance, and number of prints.)
- Multiple Chromira printers are supported on the network.
- Open System: Compatible with all commercial RIP packages.
- Integrated RA4 photographic processor.